Are you family members on board with your dog’s training plan?
Setting really clear expectations is important with family members to set your dog up for success (and you!). Let’s face it, it can be really frustrating when everyone has their own opinions and thoughts on how training should happen and what is acceptable and what isn’t acceptable.
- Enforcing your expectations
- Providing a cost (what is the consequence if they do something you don’t want or do want) and
- Shaping them into interacting with your dog in the best way
are all really key strategies with family and friends.
In today’s podcast episode, we talk about how you can be prepared for when situations arise where your dog may be interacting with others. Many common behaviour struggles are a result of unclear expectations of both the people and the dog.
Have a listen and let us know what you think. Consider how you can prepare for your next visitor?
- What if YOU are the visitor?
- Are you sharing space in your home?
- How can you guide the experience for the best outcome?
Find out in our ‘Training Your Family’ games-based training episode! Support the show (https://www.thesexierthanasquirrelchallenge.com/sexier-than-a-squirrel-2-01618522334883)