INTRODUCING ENGAGE DISENGAGE!
Do you struggle to be exciting to your dog in the face of distractions? Are you the centre of all the fun, or does the environment currently provide your dog with more rewarding experiences? Do they find it hard to focus on you when the world becomes a little too tempting or scary and overwhelming?
As a dog owner, you want your dog to be able to engage with you, no matter what the environment might be offering – not because they have to, but because they WANT to!
This requires two fundamental skills or concepts:
- Engagement (with you!)
- Disengagement (from all those other temptations and distractions)
Do you dream of a day when your dog will…
- Recall away from the leftovers of someone’s picnic in the park.
- Ignore another dog having a game of ball on the beach?
- See visitors to the house as a non-event?
- Ignore that good sniff and keep their focus on you?
- Choose to check in with you rather than chase the birds or wildlife you encounter on your walks.
This is entirely possible, and it all starts with engagement and disengagement! If your dog has these two super skills, you can be safe in the knowledge that they will go through life making great decisions, which will allow you to have so much more freedom.
In this super course, Tom and Lauren will show you the games to build those skills and achieve that perfect balance of engagement with you and disengagement from the environment.