In this week’s AbsoluteDogs TV Episode, we discuss:
Do you have a busy, nosey dog that thinks EVERYTHING is their business? Does your dog feel they have to keep tabs on you, or that whenever you pick up your keys or their lead, a knock sounds at the door or someone passes the window that they need to be part of the action (cue barking and over-excitement)?
Would you like your dog to:
- Greet you calmly when you, your partner or your kids arrive home?
- Travel quietly in the car without a fuss, no matter where you’re going?
- Leave their disco pants behind when you head out on a walk?
- Chill out no matter what is happening around them in the home?
- Stay quietly settled when visitors walk through the front door?
- Be totally relaxed when separated from you whenever you leave the house?
- See the postman and not worry about barking or stealing the mail?
- Realise that some things in this world are just none of their business!
When it comes to training dogs, many people focus on behaviours or struggles, but there is a vital element to creating a calm, superstar decision-maker of a dog and that is non-event training! At absoluteDOGS we like to call this Ditch the Routine, which is one of our most powerful training concepts!
Dogs are born predicting and they are masters at it! They know when it’s time to eat, play or walk and even when it’s time for you to leave the house and come home. Forget feeding them on a tight schedule or walking them at a specific time or in a certain place. There’s no such thing as a perfect dog-friendly routine! We like to take the predictability of a routine and throw it out the window because when you mix things up and ditch parts of your dog’s daily routine, your dog will lead a more relaxed, happier, calmer and longer life!
Listen in to this super episode for some of our biggest top tips and tricks for ditching that routine and doing some non-event training!
WANT TO KEEP LEARNING WITH MORE TIPS, TRICKS AND STRATEGIES? WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED!
Ditch your Dog’s Routine! Do What Pro Trainers Agree is Best Instead!
Paws and Doors! How to Make Your Front Door A Non-Event!
My Dog is Struggling With Calmness
Dog barking at the door? Try this!
Top Tips For A Stress Free Walk Without Lead Pulling!! Pt. 1
Top Tips For A Stress Free Walk Part 2!
Top Tips For A Stress Free Walk Part 3
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE For more weekly YOUTUBE videos you will LOVE!
Follow us on Facebook for REGULAR LIVE training advice and resources:
Get your 70% DISCOUNT with this 25-day online course with videos to TRANSFORM your dog walks from STRESSFUL to STRESS-FREE!:
Check out our PODCAST with weekly talks and amazing insights that will transform your training!: